Rosacea & Red Spots
What is Rosacea?
Rosacea is a long lasting, non-scarring skin condition of the face that is often misdiagnosed as adult acne. It varies in severity and does not always worsen with time.
Typically, you will experience inappropriate flushing that is not usually associated with sweating and/or persistent facial redness. It is common to have broken blood vessels (telangiectasias) on your cheeks. You may also experience bouts of inflammation that cause red papules (small bumps) or pustules.
What Causes Rosacea?
The cause is poorly understood. Flushing is an essential part of the condition, so experts believe that there is a vascular cause or that blood vessels are a significant component to the cause.
What Aggravates Rosacea?
- Exposure to weather – sun, cold, wind.
- Hot food, hot drinks, and alcohol.
- Exercise (you should exercise in cool surroundings and avoid dehydration).
- Medications (you should avoid vasodilating drugs, that is, drugs that expand your blood vessels, and topical steroids)
- Cosmetics (you should avoid greasy, drying, or perfumed products)
Treatments for Rosacea at Blue Spruce Cosmetic and Laser Clinic are
- Nd Yag Laser Treatment